Event Schedule (total 4 hours):
- 16 Dec (Thu), 10am to 12pm
- 17 Dec (Fri), 10am to 12pm
Money plays a significant role in getting our needs and wants. At the same time, we have to work hard to earn money. Is there a more efficient way to accumulate the money we need? Can our money work for us as well? The answer is a definite YES!
Through an Excel-based simulation game play about making life and money decisions, the objective of this program is to impart the necessary skill for making better money decisions!
About the Game
This game requires participants to make various realistic choices as they approach adulthood. Should I work or borrow money to further my studies? Should I get life desires or invest? Should I buy a property or invest my money in shares? Participants will go through different age in this game and they will face different choices as they progress.
Through this game, participants will be able to appreciate these learning points:
- Mathematics of money
- Monetary concepts e.g. budgeting, delayed gratification, loan management
- Role of investment products in money management
The program outline:
- Set up the game for each participant and run through the rules of the game.
- Understand the key term / factors in the game:
- Investment Products
- Investment Yield
- Loans Management
- Financial Freedom
- Mini Competition! The participants will play the game twice and compete in 2 different objectives
- Debrief and summary of learning points
To ensure that we can deliver the program effectively, we need minimum of 5 per program